Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Week three

Training continues, tomorrow I will enter my third week here, time is moving fast, its hard to keep track of my own personal progression although I am sure that something in that regard is happening.

This coming wednesday is the Tai Sai festival so today we spent the day cleaning around the Shibu Dojo grounds and the Aiki Jinga (shrine) itself. Plenty of people turned out to help, one person rode there bycycle from Tokyo, a 5 hour trip. I managed to get a metal rake which was a lot more effective than the wooden ones, which was lucky, and I now have some nice looking blisters on my hands to prove that I wasn't just standing around and that I was putting it to good use.

So wednesday will be a signifcant day with over one thousand people expected to arrive in Iwama for the ceramony, and the Doshu will perform a demostration which should be great to watch.