Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Shodan Uke

This morning Nemoto Sensei asked that I be the uke for one of the people taking their shodan tests. Although it's probabley due to the fact that there is a shortage of ukes and nothing else, it will still be a good experience. Robin has been living in Japan for 15 years. (Peter-san perhaps he was training when you were here?). He may not quite be ready, so may not happen however practicing with him for the build up will be a positive experence in itself. I will try my best and be as be helpful as I can be.