Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Back to reality

My final days in Iwama, were slowed down by a bout of flu like symptoms. I tried to go to all Nemoto Sensei classes, but did not attend evening classes at shibu dojo, not wanting to spread germs and also give my wrist a chance to heal.

It was quite a sad moment to say my final good byes to Nemoto sensei, I am very grateful for all his generosity, kindness and teaching and all the Dame's too. I have learnt so much over the past 11 weeks, not only about Aikido but also about Japanese culture, the Japanese way of thinking and way of life. I have also learned a lot about myself and the way I think about things. It has changed my perceptions about things and think that it has given me a new perspective that will never leave me. I think on the whole the experience has taught lots of valuable lessons that I will take with me into the future. I am grateful to all of the other uchideshi and sotodeshi alike that only offered me kindness and understanding and patience. I look forward to seeing you all again sometime in the future.

This will not be my final post, once I have had some time to reflect upon my experiences then I will most likely say a little more. I am also intending to go on another trip in the not too distant future and will let you know more soon.

Ciao for now
Keith