Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Pre shodan test training

Last week I was training with uchideshi Robin, we went through the entire test for a couple of consectative mornings. It was good as it gave me the chance to practice as uke, and also was able to practice all the techniques too. A great experience, enabling me to see a little more of where I am headed and what techniques I really strugle with. He has spent a lot of time alone with Nemoto Sensei and has a strong technique.

Last night I practiced and again tonight I will practice with sotodeshi Robin, he has improved a fair amount, but there were still a few moments of hessitation, and needed help with a couple of techniques. He wont be able to ask for help in the real test so he had better get it all set in his mind quick sharp. I am being told to be a good uke and go with the techniques and try to make him look good, or not look bad? On this I will endevour to do my best but if he frezzes then obviously I wont be able to help him. As sotodeshi tonight will be his last chance to train, unless he comes to Iwama for morning classes. I dont know if he could get to work in time, after, sure that he could, if he only stayed for the first hour, and left at 6.30am. Will be interesting to see if he does come, I wont be suprised if he doesn't, but then again I wont be too suprised if he fails the test. It depends how badly he wants it, but then again there is always next time around.