Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

1st Keiko with Nemoto Sensei

This morning was the first keiko with Nemoto Sensei.

It was really enjoyable, focusing on ken and jo suburi as well as awase practices, learnt a new one too which was nice.

Nemoto Sensei teaches a few things a little different to how Peter Sensei teaches which adds the possibility of a different perspective.

I am making more detailed notes as I am going along but wont bother to post it here-now.

So it is now 10pm, and have finished training at Shibu, come back eaten and ready for bed as I will be up at 4.30am ready for training at 5am. Can't wait.
Yasumi Nasai