Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Morning Keiko

This morning we went over the entire Jo syllabus, as well as the Ken-Tai-Jo, Sensei permitted me to bring a note book and make notes. Which will prove to be very useful. I was also able to clarify the the couple of 'missing' kumitachi-henka.

I am now quite confident that I understand the differences between Peter Sensei teaching and Nemoto Sensei's. I dont think one is right and one is wrong, I doubt it is a simple as that, especially knowing that at different times things were taught in slightly different ways. But is useful that I can now at least be clear about where the distinctions are. I am going to record myself doing the solo bukiwaza practices more out for nostalgia so that in future I can look back and see how my weapons have improved. It's hard to do because if I can see even the slightest mistake, even one foot get dragged along the floor, I will be tempted to do it again. I will have to make a good effort to do it right and be happy that, thats it, at least for now.