Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Final Keiko with Nemoto Sensei

It was a the final Keiko with Nemoto Sensei. Nemoto sensei had me go through the 1st kyu grading, ikkyo-gokkyo suwariwaza, and three ways from each group: koshinage, iriminage, kokyunage, kotegaishi, ushiro, hanmi handachi, jo dori, tachi-dori, of tnken-dori. We didn't cover kaiten nage, men-nage, juji garami. Not sure if these are not on the test or whether we were running out of time.

Sensei said if it were a real test I would have needed better kiai, and to have performed the techniques more crisply and with more vigor. It was an unexpected "mock test" and I knew it wasn't a real test so challenged myself a little bit and didn't go for necessarily the easiest choices or put much ki into it. I wouldn't have passed me on the basis of my own performance.