Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Staying Warm

Staying warm has become my top priority. Nemoto Sensei said that it is going to snow tonight, haven't been in the snow since the Arctic Circle in Finland a couple of years back. So will be nice, and sure will make for some good pictures.

Last night was training with Kobuta Sensei, all Kihon (basic) techniques; I always like a good basics session. This morning with Nemoto Sensei we went over the 13 paired Jo. Got through it all in a hour, it is relatively easy compared to the paired 31 Kumi-Jo.

Tonight we trained in Tsukuba, we went over the 13 paired Jo, which reinforced this mornings lesson. Tomorrow there is ceremony with the Doshu followed by a party at Shibu Dojo, I will try to take some pics if I can.