Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Good wack on the Knuckles

This morning I got a pretty good wack on the knuckles, when doing the 5th Kumitachi with Nemoto Sensei. Fortunately, as it was quite cold I couldn't really feel them anyway, so it didn't really matter.

The 5th kumitachi is the one I know least well, and dare I say the most difficult to get right. So it was good to go over it. We also covered all the Suburi, both Ken and Jo and then did 1-3, 4-6, 6-12 of the kumi-Jo. Hopefully this will be something that we continue working on.

Sensei must have felt like going easy on me this morning as he only had me do 30 sit ups, still did 90 squats, 90 press ups, leg raises and various other techniques. He also mentioned that Chris-san, has/is arranging Sensei to go over and conduct a seminar in Washington-DC, Sensei has never been to the States before. Good one Chris-San !!



This is me posing in front of the Aiki-Jinja !