Photobucket

Aikido Iwama Uchideshi

This Blog originally tracked a three month period during which time I undertook training in Iwama under the supervision of Nemoto Sensei. We also trained at the Shibu Dojo, O'Sensei's Dojo in Iwama located in the Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan.
I have returned this time for a shorter three week stint in January 2011.

Evening Keiko

Practiced at Tsukuba tonight.
Was nice to see Robin-Jinks and the other soto-deshi again.

We trained Kokyu-nage, mostly kokyo-ho based and a few varied forms. Tried to bear in mind the great gift that my uke is giving me when I hold out my arm, somebody - a body to train with.

As for my body well it feels a little sore, luckily tomorrow is a public holiday. So I may go back to the All You Can Eat at Aeon-mall in Uchihara (1,496 yen), and then maybe go to Mito to see if I can find a massage place for a treat.

O'sensei used to get his students to massage his shoulders apparently they were hard as marble, "Sabu, massaging my body is the secret to becoming the strongest one in the Dojo" O'sensei told Mr Zenzaburo Akazawa when he was 14-15.